We create and develop products for the networked, always-on world. Products that monitor, control and connect. Products used in thousands of ways that affect our everyday lives. Combining the dynamism of a start-up with the resources of a global player, Elektron Technology is home to a diverse collection of brands : Bulgin, Checkit, Queensgate Nano, Eleketron Eye Technology and Sheen Instruments.
The Quality Technician provides quality support for the Supply Chain & Service Operations.
Responsibilities include :
- Incoming & Final Inspection (CQA) to Purchasing, Inventory and Manufacturing Control Plans via IFS
- Return to Supplier (RTS) or Return to Vendor (RTV) of non-conforming material via IFS.
- Return Material Authority (RMA) processing and support.
- Initial Sample Inspections and Reports (PPAP)
- Product Testing and Process Auditing
- Generation of Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR’s) and Non-Conforming Material reports.
- Scrap and Material Disposition Requests via MRB in IFS
- Documentation Control via IFS. (If applicable)
- Supporting the handling and resolution of Customer Complaints, Customer Returns, NCR’s and SCAR’s.
- Support internal QMS auditing.
- Support the introduction of new products.
These are the main functions of the role; however, employees may be required to carry out other, ad hoc duties, as may be reasonably required.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in performing quality inspections and audits to the requirements of sampling and control plans and workmanship standards, such as BS6000 and IPC610 or equivalent.
- Can use various types of inspection, measuring and test equipment.
- Statistical process control.
- Must have a good understanding of sound business practices and QMS to ISO9000 or equivalent, in medium sized technology related enterprise in supply chain and service operations.
- Resolution of customer and quality issues in a relevant industry, using a variety of quality techniques.
- A positive and enthusiastic personality, influencing, communications, technical, and decision making skills.
- Good standard of English.
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) or a related discipline.
- These are the main functions of the role; however, employees may be required to carry out other, ad hoc duties, as may be reasonably required. There will also be an expectation of some international travel.