We are looking to recruit individuals for electro-mechanical assembly work. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the position involves performing a variety of complex assembly operations of electronic parts, mechanical components, subassemblies and units including printed circuit boards, panels, cable harnesses and other electronic assemblies. Good wire preparation, soldering and termination skills are a key pre-requisite.
This role will be a key supporting role to the development of the production process. Therefore, previous experience in bench wiring, soldering is essential. Working on a day to day basis with Production team and other areas of Operations, we’re looking for someone with the desire and skill set to provide key supporting skills through hands on experience and quality.
Whilst the role description provides an outline, we’re looking for someone that will add experience and help drive production output upwards.
- Ability to follow assembly drawings and procedures to complete manufacturing assemblies.
- Uses manual and electric power screwdrivers /tools to assemble parts. Some of the assembly operations require a nominal amount of pressure to be applied to start the process.
- Conventional PCB assembly and soldering.
- Build electro-mechanical assemblies from drawings to build products to the correct quality levels.
- Good use of hand assembly tools
- Ability to follow assembly drawings and procedures
- Building of cable & harness assemblies, box builds or enclosures as sub assemblies.
- Flexible work ethic with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail, with a desire to maintain and improve quality
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Use of a soldering tool to solder parts, both through-hole and surface mount (SMT). Requires precision to solder small items.
- Good level of housekeeping standards.
Qualifications and Experience :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Significant soldering experience essential
- Electrical / Fitting background / indentured
- Must have prior experience assembling electro-mechanical components, subassemblies and units including printed circuit boards.
- Must be able to read schematics and interpret drawings or other informational materials.
- Must be able to follow procedures and meet production, quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, basic hand tools (manual and motorised).
Willingness to perform any other duties within the capability of the individual.