Our Checkit product is a pioneering end-to-end IoT sensor network aimed at the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical and Catering industries. The technology involved ranges from small embedded ZigBee sensors, Bluetooth sensors, embedded Linux PCs and Android handsets, through to Amazon Web Servers running cloud based applications and databases.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, experienced Senior Web Developer to take up a key leadership role within Checkit development team. The myriad of technologies involved in this role makes this a hugely challenging and rewarding position.
Responsibilities Include :
- Designing, coding & deploying cloud applications
- Day-to-day team leadership & technical Mentoring
- Contributing to the product roadmap & planning
- Responsible for the overall Architectural view of the system
These are the main functions of the role; however, employees may be required to carry out other ad hoc duties as may be reasonably required. There will also be the possibility of occasional UK travel to customer sites.
Person Specification :
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- Minimum of 8 years developing web technologies
- Strong track record in leading and delivering web/cloud based applications
- Agile software development using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Personable, commercially aware, customer facing
- Experience in working in close cooperation with other engineering disciplines, DevOps, marketing and product management
Technical : (any of the following would be advantageous)
- REST API & Web development: Strongloop, Restify
- Non-SQL databases e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Web protocols: MQTT, HTTP(S), HTML, CSS
- Cloud based development through AWS or equivalent
- Cloud security: PKI servers, KeyCloak, TLS, SSL, SSH
- Docker containers, GitHub, CircleCI, git, Jenkins
- Web Test Harnesses: Cucumber, Protractor, jasmine, mocha
- Scripting in Bash or Python
- Jira (with GitFlow) & Confluence.
- Strong Linux operating system skills (*buntu, Debian, CentOS, AMI)
- Internet Of Things
- Mobile Development
Personal Qualifications :
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong interpersonal skills