Bulgin is widely recognised as a leading manufacturer of environmentally sealed connectors and components. With over 95 years of experience in the industry, Bulgin continues to innovate and develop products and services to cater for its global customer base across a variety of markets.
The Order Fulfilment & Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of the Bulgin brands – Bulgin & Arcolectric - from sales enquiry, to receipt of Sales Order, to despatch to the customer.
Responsibilities include :
- Developing accounts by checking customers’ buying history, suggesting related and new items.
- Preparing quotations for new orders and following these up.
- Sending out product literature e.g. catalogues, and organising the relevant samples/demos for enquiries.
- Processing incoming orders, verifying pricing and product/specification detail.
- Arranging for new accounts to be set up, liaising with Finance Department regarding customer accounts, credit limit issues etc.
- Arranging all necessary paperwork relating to the order e.g. pro-forma invoices and commission notes.
- Liaising with internal Operations Team and/or external suppliers, in order to ensure that the customer receives the best possible service at all times, including making sure that they receive the right order on time.
- Liaising with customers on issues such as price and delivery, and the Shipping Department to ensure the efficient and timely despatch of all orders.
- Filing of orders and correspondence, ensuring that customer records are up to date at all times and that there are accurate relevant audit trails.
- Ensuring that initial customer quality queries have been properly identified and logged, then effectively liaising with the Quality department on all quality issues, in order to ensure the timely resolution of all such queries.
These are the main functions of the role; however, employees may be required to carry out other, ad hoc duties, as may be reasonably required.
- Have proven experience of working in a customer service/sales environment, ideally with an international client base.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a confident, polite and efficient telephone manner.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Be a motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and positive attitude.
- Excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Be comfortable in being able work alone and/or within a team environment, contributing and sharing best practices, resources and ideas in order to continually improve the customer experience.
- Have the ability to effectively manage customer relationships, promptly responding to queries; ensuring promises are kept with the ability to confidently manage expectations.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
- Be ideally educated to at least A Level standard or equivalent.
- Be ideally fluent in at least one European language, other than English, able to demonstrate using additional language skills within a business environment.