The key responsibility of this role is to successfully coordinate the design transfer of an exciting range of new products, upgrades and significant product updates from preliminary design phases and into the manufacturing and supply chain, ensuring consistent production of quality products when released to the market. The successful candidate will also be required to support current products and processes, enabling production targets to be achieved for various production lines.
Responsibilities include :
- Coordinate and implement introduction of new product.
- Develop manufacturing processes required for new products.
- Set up of production lines to accommodate predicted output of new products.
- Set up and develop ERP/MRP system for product specific processes.
- Develop cross departmental processes from order intake to delivery of product and after sales requirements.
- Work with Design team to implement test equipment & processes.
- Create documentation to support processes and ensure quality of output.
- Generate Routings for new processes including standard timings.
- Transfer of design information in to production, BOM’s/drawings/processes.
- Interface with the project teams and produce plans and activities that support product introduction at the right time, at the right cost and the right quality.
- Deploy current LEAN tools where appropriate
- Communicate progress, risks and issues for escalation to Operations & Development management.
- Assist development team to ensure that products are designed for manufacture
- Establish Operational related investment costs and justifications
- Support make or buy decision making
- Support current Processes and Product Improvement
- Create manufacturing documentation for current and new products
- Cost reduction of current products
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- A strong background in a manufacturing discipline is essential
- Experience of interfacing with development team, manufacturing, supply chains and senior management
- Strong experience in successfully transferring development projects into manufacturing and/or a global supply chain
- Experience in utilising and developing LEAN process techniques and methodologies
- Communication and influencing skills are a key competence, to ensure full stakeholder engagement and the ability to work with people of all levels and different cultures
- Proven cost reduction and process engineering experience
- Creating and managing product documentation
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems
- Proven background of Continuous Improvement
- Strong project management skills
- Strong people leadership and management qualities
- Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical or similar skill set
- Understanding of production processes / control requirements
- Established Production experience
- Experience of quality management systems
- Computer literate
Personal Qualifications :
- HNC/ Degree Qualified or equivalent experience in a relevant Technical/manufacturing discipline
- Lean qualification
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- UK car driving licence