Checkit has a vacancy for a qualified Field Service Engineer to join our busy and rapidly expanding service department. This is a mixed and varied role working on Cloud based systems and IOT, involving remote diagnostics, client support, installation, commissioning and maintenance throughout the UK.
It is essential that you have strong communication skills, you are well presented, possess a flexible positive attitude and have good proactive problem solving skills.
The role would suit a keen, hardworking motivated candidate who wants to develop their career within a dynamic and ambitious company.
The successful candidate will be educated to HNC level (or equivalent) and be expected to work independently on your own initiative and immediately engage into a commercially driven and multi-disciplined team.
Attention to detail, along with a strong desire to delight customers with your technical assistance is essential.
Responsibilities include :
- Maintain and develop customer relations, continuing the excellent service provided to our existing customers and demonstrate this level of service to potential customers.
- Manage own time and schedule planned service visits directly with customers.
- Pro-actively up-sell and promote service packages when the opportunities arise.
- Work alongside and assist technical sales, with frequent joint visits to customers performing site surveys and attending technical meetings.
- Onsite Service, Repair & Calibration of the instrumentation product range, some in house work may be required from time to time.
- Report faults and design issues to the QC & R&D Managers as required.
- Complete all necessary documentation and administrative requirements, including data input onto the ERP database (IFS)
- Maintain service records, and provide customers with precise and detailed service reports.
- Technical support backup by phone and e-mail.
- Customer Support & training.
- Provide a detailed utilisation report on a monthly basis, recommending where efficiency can be improved upon.
- Support all works and job administration to ensure an efficient process, including parts administration.
- Some international travel may be required from time to time as the business dictates.
- Technical report writing, getting technical documentation drawn up for launch and integration of new products.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- Experience in wireless temperature monitoring or cloud based IOT systems with basic Linux knowledge would be beneficial, but not mandatory;
- Proven experience of working in a field service, repair & calibration environment;
- Experience of effectively liaising with business customers and delivering to tight service level agreements;
- Sound level of IT literacy and strong knowledge of networking desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a confident polite and efficient telephone manner;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to manage time and multiple tasks effectively;
- Interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate orally and in writing including good customer service skills;
- Motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and positive attitude;
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail;
- Comfortable in being able to work alone and/or within a team environment, contributing and sharing best practices, resources and ideas in order to continually improve the customer experience;
- Ability to effectively manage customer relationships, promptly responding to queries; ensuring promises are kept with the ability to confidently manage expectations;
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures;
- Must have a full UK driving licence;
Personal Qualifications :
- HNC level (or equivalent experience)