Based within Elektron Technology’s R&D Centre in West Cambridge, and working as part of the Electronic Design Team, you will provide support services to the Engineering Team. With specific responsibility for building prototypes, building test equipment and product testing, the successful candidate will work on multi-disciplinary projects, and the role offers many opportunities to develop technical skills for analogue and digital electronics.
Take a supporting role in the new product development processes from architecture and concept definition through detailed modelling, design and product qualification.
Generation of detailed specifications and design of subsystems and components with a focus on :
- Maintenance of the engineering laboratory for prototype products.
- Hands-on involvement in product verification and validation.
- Design, build and debug test equipment.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver robust system solutions and products ready for manufacture.
- Meeting of challenging project deadlines while assuring high quality solutions.
- Helping to build the core knowledge, best practices and design standards for the team, department and company.
- Characterise product performance in number of ways and report.
The Electronics Technician will have ground skill level in the fundamentals of electronic systems. The Electronics Technician will be :
- Able to contribute and thrive in an exciting, dynamic, and fast moving environment.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and cross-functional working skills.
- Innovative along with a methodical and systematic approach to work.
- Detailed and quality conscious with a sharp focus on schedule and delivery.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, especially in explaining complex technical concepts.
- Aware and fully compliant with good H&S practice.
- Good laboratory practitioner.
- Diligent with a keen attention to detail in practical work and reporting results.
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC or above in Electronics or equivalent.
- Ability to prototype and solder using surface mount and fine pitch devices.
- Ability to debug electronic systems.
- Knowledge of schematic design.
- Testing and evaluation of products, electronic circuits and components.
- Ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Flexibility in tasks undertaken.
- Able to work individually or as part of a team.
- Experience editing schematics using OrCAD, with knowledge of circuit analysis.
- Familiarity with EMC and ESD testing.
- Familiarity with Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Familiarity with Design of Experiments methodology.
- Experience working with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 61010.