We are seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant Buyer on a 9 Month Maternity Cover contract.
This role forms an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of Operational objectives, ensuring the smooth running of the purchasing process - both inter-site and to external suppliers - and is key to delivering parts to production, on time, at the right cost and of the right quality.
Key Responsibilities :
- Work in assisting with the day to day purchase administration Function
- Raising and placing purchase orders on IFS.
- Liaise with the warehouse / Logistics function to investigate and assist in resolving stock
- Secure savings and cost reductions for bought in materials, services and utilities.
- Progress chasing and updating of delivery dates on IFS
- Supplier negotiations to achieve best cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Expedite vendor purchase orders to ensure the on-time/in-full delivery of goods.
- Establish, review and maintain reputable supplier base.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships and manage their performance.
- Source production and non-production materials, outside processes and services with reference to price quality and delivery.
- Contribute to new/improved product design.
- Contribute to value engineering of existing products.
- Resolve invoice queries as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable request.
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work and work to deadlines
- Flexible attitude and ability to work under own initiative
- Proactive, “can-do” approach, comfortable within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Able to take direction and instructions from the line manager in a positive manner;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop constructive relationships with colleagues and professional contacts
- IT literate and experienced in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to establish, implement and follow the processes
- UK driving licence