We are now seeking to recruit a commercially astute Accounts Receivable Administrator to join our Finance Team at the M11 Business Park in Stansted.
The role of Accounts Receivable Administrator is to manage Customer accounts on multiple ledgers, to ensure all debts to be recovered in line with terms. Please note this is an invoice discounting environment and experience in this would be desirable.
The responsibilities of this role include :
- To familiarise self with all credit control, accounting, quality and other relevant company procedures ensuring that these are strictly adhered to and familiarisation with relevant computer packages.
- Ensure customers pay within their agreed payment terms, chasing payments if necessary as per the company’s debt collection procedure.
- Deal effectively and on a daily basis with ‘On Hold’ orders to ensure no order is held unless it is line with company policy
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries / complaints, including liaising with invoice discount provider and other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Effective and timely updating and reconciliation of sales ledger, including posting to customer accounts.
- Ensuring that all company procedures regarding the processing of credit card payments are adhered to.
- Effective and timely updating and reconciliation of sales ledger accounts including pro-forma customers
- Dealing with new accounts:-
- Ensuring satisfactory credit references are obtained
- Establishing an agreed credit limit
- Amending accounts details / addresses etc., as required.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks related to banking and bank reconciliations as required.
- Other analytical and review tasks as required to balance time and deliverables across the finance team. This may include all aspects of the AP role on a regular basis.
Person Specification :
The role requires the individual to have a high level of integrity and an ability to focus in on the detail to deliver high standards of work.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Invoice discounting experience
- Working on multi-company ledgers using one system (desirable)
- AAT p/q or qualified (desirable)
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with people of all levels both within the organisation and externally with Customers and to use these relationships to deliver exceptional results.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements (desirable)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
- GCSE level maths qualification